My Jeep

My Jeep
this is my Willys Jeep

Wednesday 26 May 2010

My WW2 Willys Jeep under restoration

I spent the weekend working underneath my 1942 WWII Willys Jeep.  It had not been treated or painted underneath for over 15 years and as a result it was in a bit of a state.  I replace the fuel tank sump with a new one as it had rusted through and treated and painted the petrol tank whilst it was out.  The finished job looks great if you can see in the photos.  I just need to get on with the top now.


Does anybody have any good techniques for painting on the decals cleanly?  Last time I did it was rubbish and I don't really want to get somebody in to do it.

I would also like to put a bit of WW2 nose art on the windscreen and give the Jeep the name Goldie.  Does anybody want to send me some pictures ideas, it would be most appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. Good job. I appreciate the work of people who beautifully restored these classic and historic machines. A running condition Willys jeep is very expensive in the market, and restored ones are even pricier. Military enthusiasts love jeeps with the original olive drab color. Good work on the decals, too. It looks as if it's ready for D-Day!

    ReplyDelete